A user's timeline of experiences offers you a view of the user's past professional, academic, and other experiences where they have gained skills in their lifetime. Similar to a CV, the experiences timeline gives a snapshot of the person's life.
Accessing a User's Timeline of Experiences
As an administrator, you can access a user's Timeline of Experiences by clicking on the user's name and selecting the "Experiences" Tab in the Navigation Bar:
Understanding the Timeline of Experiences
A user's timeline of experiences consists of 5 columns (indicators) to provide information about each of the user's past experiences.
- Years - An indication of the dates and overall duration of an experience in the timeline
- Type - The type of experience in question. There are 3 types of experience:
- Jobs - Experiences during which the user earned income from work
- Education - Academic learning experiences
- Hobbies - Informal experiences during which users have nonetheless gained valuable skills and knowledge
- Title - A title given by the user to describe the experience the way he or she would like it to appear on a CV. For Jobs, this could be the job title, for Education it could be the certificate earned, and for Hobbies a simple name.
- Organization - The name of the organization(s) with which the user was affiliated during a given experience. This could be an employer, and educational institution, or a community organization for example.
- Skills - An indicator of the total number of Skill which the user has identified as having learned during a particular experience