The Skill Match document is a detailed breakdown of how a person's skill set matches to a given occupation. Unlike the Occupation Match Overview document - the Skill Match document shows exactly which relevant skills and knowledge a person has, and the relative strength of those skills.
Understanding the Skill Match layout
The Skill Match document is laid out as follows:
- Occupation Title - Displays the title of the occupation being analyzed
- Summary - A brief summary of what portion of the required skills a person has for the occupation
- Essential Skills - A list of the relevant "Essential" skills the person has for the occupation, ranked by strength
- Optional Skills - A list of the relevant "Optional" skills the person has for the occupation, ranked by strength
- Learning Opportunities - A list of skills and knowledge require for the occupation that the person does not yet have