The Skills tab in a user skill profile provides a comprehensive list of skills and knowledge the user has added to their skill profile. The skills are ranked based on the strength relative to all skills in the user's profile. It depends on how often the user uses the skill and in how many experiences. Under this tab, you can also check whether a user has a specific skill.
Accessing a User's Skill Set
Follow these steps to access a user's skill set:
- Click on the user's name on your main pane to open their skill profile.
- Go to the Navigation Bar on their skill profile and click Skills.
- The user's skill set will be visible on the main pane of their skill profile.
- Scroll down to see all of them.
Understanding User Skill Set
A User Skill Set consists of five columns that provide information about each user's skill, as explained below:
- Skill Title - A brief description of the skill.
- Strength indicator - Shows how strong the skill is relative to other skills in the person's profile.
- Experiences - The past experiences where the person has acquired the skill.
- Experience Type - Lists what type of experiences the person gained the skills at (Jobs, Education, Other, etc.)
- Keyword - indicates the keywords or tags that the user used to identify the skills.
At the right end of each skill bar, you can also click the to read a more detailed description of the skill like this:
Searching for a Specific Skill in a User Skill Set
As a career counsellor, you might want to check if a user has a specific skill in their skill profile. You can do this using the search function above the skill list as follow:
- Type a skill that you want to find in the search box.
- The portal will show you a skill list that contains or relates to the keyword you entered in a drop-down menu.
- Click on the skill you are searching for to see its information in the user skill set.
This is how you do it: