First, you must enter the information about the Job to add skills that you used or learned from the job.
Entering Information About Your Job
These steps show how you enter information about your job:
1. Make sure you are on the Skills tab by clicking on the Skills tab icon at the bottom of your screen like this:
2. Click the Add Skill button above the icons, then choose Job.
2. Enter the name of the organisation or company where you worked, or tick Self-employed if you worked for yourself. Then, enter the name of the country and city where you worked. When you are done, click Next.
3. Write your job title or the name of your position and choose from the available list. Click Next.
4. Lastly, enter the date when you worked in this Job and how many days per week. After that, click Save.
1. Once you enter the job information, you will see a list of skills under it. Click on the next to the skills that you learned or used in the experience.
2. Then, indicates how often you use the skill on the 5 points scale between rarely and always.
3. Click Add Skills.
This is how you do it:
4. Sometimes, you do not find any relevant skills to your experience on the list. To shuffle a new list, click None of the above.
5. When you have clicked None of the above several times, SkillMap will ask you to add tag(s) to your job. SkillMap does this to build a better skill list that matches your job.
Follow these steps if you see this question on your screen.
1. You can click Yes, looks good when you have no tags to add
2. You can also click Add another tag and search for job titles that better explain your position.
3. Click on the next to the job tag you want and then click Add. You can add as many tags as you want to specify your job.
4. When you have no more tags to add, click Yes, looks good.
After adding tag(s) to your job, SkillMap will show you a new skill list. See the image below for example:
6. Keep adding the skills you use or learn from the job until the yellow bar above the skill list is full.