When you do not have specific experience focusing on language skills, you might overlook this valuable skill when adding skills to your experience. However, even if you do not work or study language specifically, adding languages that you know or use in your experience to your skill profile is encouraged.
Follow these steps to add languages to your skill profile:
1. On your homepage, click Your skills under the Your goals bar.
2. Click Languages.
3. Click Add languages.
4. Scroll down to find the languages you speak. You can also use the search bar to find a specific language. Click the on the left side of the language you choose.
5. When you have chosen all the languages you know, click Add.
6. After that, SkillLab will ask you to indicate how well do you know the language between a beginner and a native speaker.
7. When the language is not your native speaker, SkillLab will ask you to indicate whether your language knowledge has been formally assessed. It means that you have a certificate to prove your knowledge of that language.
8. Congratulations, now you have added languages you know to your skill profile.
See how you do the steps here: