To add skills you used or learned during your education, you must first enter the information about the educational experience. You can enter skills from any educational experience on SkillMap, including school, university, vocational and technical training, or even online courses that you have taken.
Entering Information About Your Educational Experience
These steps show how you enter information about your educational experience:
1. Make sure you are on the Skills tab by clicking on the Skills tab icon at the bottom of your screen like this:
2. Click on Add Skills and then choose Education.
3. Choose the type of your educational experience. Click on Formal degree if you receive a degree from a school or university. If you receive a certificate after taking an offline or online course, or training, click on Courses, trainings, and MOOCs. Read the next step under each section below.
Entering Information for Formal Degree
1. If you click on Formal degree, the next step is to enter your degree title. You can choose from the available list.
After that, write your field of study and, again, choose from the available list.
Click Next to continue.
2. Now, you will be asked to enter the name of your school or university and the country where it is located. Usually, the country will be automatically filled out when you have chosen your school from the available list.
Continue with Next to go to the final step.
3. The final step is to enter the start date and the end date of your educational experience. You can also click Ongoing to indicate that you are still studying the subject at the moment.
When your education has an end date, also choose whether you finished your study or not.
When you are done, click Save.
4. Now you are ready to add skills you got from your Formal Degree. This article shows you how to add skills.
Entering Information for Courses, Training, and MOOCs
1. After clicking on Courses, Trainings, and MOOCs, enter the name of the course you took and the organisation providing the course certificate.
Click Next to go to the next step.
2. Enter the issue date of your certificate. You can also enter the expiration date if it is available.
Finally, click Save.
1. Once you entered the education information, you will see a list of skills under it.
Click on the next to the skills that you learned or used in the experience.
2. Then, indicates how often you use the skill on the 5 points scale between rarely and always.
3. Click Add Skills.
This is how you do it:
4. Sometimes, you do not find any relevant skills to your educational experience on the list. To shuffle a new list, click None of the above.
5. When you have clicked None of the above several times, SkillMap will ask you to add tag(s) to your educational experience. SkillMap does this to build a better skill list that matches your education.
Follow these steps if you see this question on your screen.
1. Click on the next to the tag(s) that help describe your education.
2. You can also click on the search bar and type any keyword to search for a specific tag from the list. Click next to the specific tag you want to add from the list.
3. Click Next.
4. When you have finished adding tags, click Next again.
SkillMap will show you a new skill list. See the image below for the example:
6. Keep adding the skills you use or learn from the educational experience until the purple bar above the skill list is full.